60 Seconds with Dr. Marc Fortin, CEO of Defence Research and Development Canada and Assistant Deputy Minister (Science & Technology)
How’s the hairdo?
I am very pleased to be here today and to answer any questions you might have.
1. What is your favourite food?
Sugar with chocolate, maple syrup, if you please.
2. Do you have any regrets about your professional life?
Absolutely none. I’ve had an extraordinarily rich professional life. The public service has given me some fantastic opportunities to have an impact across the country.
3. What is the most fascinating scientific project taking place in science and technology?
They are all fascinating, and I can’t talk about the most fascinating ones.
4. What is your greatest fear?
Being afraid. That’s the greatest fear—you must not be afraid.
5. What is the biggest professional failure that you have experienced?
Oh, that’s a hard question. The greatest professional failure is not communicating enough. You have to repeat, speak, interact. That’s the great thing about my job.
- Date modified: