60 Seconds with Gary Walbourne, National Defence and Canadian Forces Ombudsman
Gary Walbourne: Ombudsman, Ombudsman, Ombudsman.
Off camera: See, you’ve got it down.
Gary Walbourne: It took two and a half years to practice.
Good morning. I am Gary Walbourne. I’m the Ombudsman for the Canadian Armed Forces and Department of National Defence and I’m here for the 60 Second challenge.
1. Why is the role of the Ombudsman important?
The role of the Ombudsman is important cause we’re here to ensure fairness for all the members of the community.
2. What three words best describe the office of the Ombudsman?
Hmm, fair, firm and fun.
3. What is the main function your office performs?
Our office is here to ensure fairness for all members of the Canadian Armed Forces and Department of National Defence. I got two.
4. Coffee or tea?
They still make tea?
5. If you won the lottery what’s the first thing you would do?
I would retire.
6. Tell us an interesting fun fact about you.
Hmm, interesting fun fact: I like the outdoors more than I like the indoors.
7. What are your hobbies?
Outdoor activities: kayaking, biking, boating, all those things.
8. What has been the most rewarding work experience of your career?
I would have to say without a doubt, this position has been the most rewarding so far.
Off camera: Great job!
Gary Walbourne: Phew! Glad I didn’t get to that one.
- Date modified: