60 Seconds with Major-General Tammy Harris, Deputy Commander of the Royal Canadian Air Force
Major-General Tammy Harris: I feel like, um, like some game show.
Good morning everyone, my name is Major General Tammy Harris. I am the Deputy Commander of the Royal Canadian Air Force. I am a Maritimer. I have been challenged to do a ’60 second challenge’, and answering all the questions in the fishbowl. Are we ready?
Off screen: Go!
MGen Harris: Let’s begin. Question number one:
1. What was your proudest moment as a Canadian Armed Forces member?
The day I enrolled because I became part of something bigger and better than myself.
2. What is the best thing about being part of the Royal Canadian Air Force?
3. What inspired you to join the Royal Canadian Air Force?
I look good in blue…just kidding. I think it’s the best of the three environments. I’m allowed to say that now that I’m the Deputy Commander.
4. How will future generations of women build on your successes?
Like I built on the successes of those people who go before me. I think if women and men are the best version of themselves they can be, we will continue to have great success in Canada and in the Canadian Armed Forces.
5. What is your message to the RCF personnel?
I’m excited to be back home in the Royal Canadian Air Force. I’m excited to come out to each and every wing, and meet each and every one of you and your families, and seeing the great work that you have been doing.
6. What does serving Canada mean to you?
Serving Canada means to me: Protecting Canadians at home and abroad, and instilling Canadian values internationally.
Nailed it! I’m done!
- Date modified: