60 Seconds with Jody Thomas, Senior Associate Deputy Minister
Jody Thomas: Can I win? Can we say I won?
Hi, my name is Jody Thomas. I’m the Senior Associate Deputy Minister here at the Department of Defence, and I’m here for the ’60 Second Challenge’.
1. What’s the best part about being Canadian?
Best part about being Canadian is hearing “O Canada” at the Olympics.
2. What’s the best part about working with National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces?
Oh, that’s a really emotional thing for me. It is so great to be able to represent and work with the Defence team in a department who does work that is so critical to who we are as Canadians.
3. What does serving Canada mean to you?
It means that you’re doing something that’s more than a job. You’re actually doing something that makes this country a better place to live. And it’s already the best place in the world.
4. What do you do to maintain your own mental health?
I really work hard at trying to take a break from work. I walk with my dog, I kayak on the river, I do home renovations with my husband; that doesn’t help his mental health.
5. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing that you would do?
I’d get on a plane and go visit my parents, with my family.
6. What was your very first job?
I was a diesel mechanic in the Naval Reserve. Worst diesel mechanic in the history of the navy.
7. And what is your favourite thing to do when you’re not a work?
Hang out with my family.
- Date modified: