60 Seconds with…
LCol Martine Bélanger, Royal Canadian Air Force Senior Chaplain
Oh no, I don’t want that one!
Hello, my name is Lieutenant-Colonel Martine Bélanger. I am the senior chaplain of the Royal Canadian Air Force. I am here to take the 60-second challenge.
- How do you influence others?
By smiling, I think.
- What advice would you give to women who are looking for a career?
I think that, first and foremost, you need to be in touch, deep down, with who you are and what you can give.
- What changes have you contributed to and what role did you play?
I think that, change-wise, it has been to tell people that, even if you are a woman in a man’s world, it is still possible to be––to meet the challenges.
- Why did you join the Canadian Armed Forces?
I had an opportunity to take on a challenge and I grabbed it.
- What would you do if you were not in the Canadian Armed Forces?
I would work, I would have the same mission, but it would be in a hospital environment.
It’s over? Oh! It’s over.
- Date modified: