CFB Bagotville prepares for G7 Summit
Le Vortex de Bagotville
The leaders of the Group of Seven Industrialized Countries (G7) will be participating in a summit in Charlevoix, Que. on June 8 and 9, 2018.
Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Bagotville will be the point of arrival and departure for the majority of participating heads of state. We know that the security for this kind of event is generally very impressive. It is therefore important that the military and community members begin to anticipate certain impacts on their activities.
- From June 4 until the morning of June 10, CFB Bagotville will be under tighter security protocol. All contractors, and civilian and military employees will be required to have an identification card, which will be issued at a later date.
- The family housing area will be included in the security perimeter, so each resident will also need an identification card. As a result, during the high security period, it will not be possible for visitors outside the secured perimeter to come to the residential housing units.
- Some venues will be busier during the summit, including the arena, museum, officers’ mess, hangar 2, buildings B188 and B80. Some sites will partially cease their regular activities in mid-May to be cleaned and arranged ahead of time.
- Expect an increase in traffic due to the large number of additional staff needed to support this event.
- Access to sports activities and the gym will be restricted during this period. Users of these facilities will need to make alternative arrangements.
- Additional aircraft and ground services equipment will be present at the base.
It will be an interesting time in many ways, but it will also have a noticeable impact on our usual operations. More information will be provided in the future. Spread the word!
- Date modified: