60 Seconds with VAdm Clive Johnstone, Commander of NATO’s Allied Maritime Command
Have you ever eaten at Tom Hortons? Don’t know. Who is Tom Horton?
Hello! I’m Clive Johnstone. I’m the Commander of Maritime NATO, based in North London, otherwise known as MARCOM. Okay, you’re putting me under pressure, ‘60-second test’. Ready… Go!
- Coffee or tea?
Both, I’m an Englishman.
- What’s the most valuable piece of advice you have ever received?
Be genuine. People always catch you out.
- What is your favourite food?
- How do you balance work and professional life?
I don’t. I live them together. I think they sit together.
- What are your hobbies?
I love fishing. When I get a chance, I’ll go fishing.
- Tell me three words that describe you.
That’s easy, my daughters say I’m a pompous wazzock.
- What are you passionate about?
People. People, people, people.
- What’s your number one work-related priority?
Making MARCOM and all our ships credible capability.
- What’s the favourite part of your job?
It’s people. People make the world go round, it’s not technology.
- And the final one: Is there one thing you never get tired of?
Being with my family.
Thanks very much.
- Date modified: