RCAF Sports Achievement Awards
From the Commander, RCAF
The RCAF Sports Achievement Awards were established to recognize members and teams of the RCAF who, in the previous calendar year, have distinguished themselves through athletic endeavours as competitors, coaches and officials as part of a military or civilian sports program or combination thereof.
It gives me great pleasure to announce the recipients of the 2017 RCAF Sports Achievement Awards as follows:
- Male Athlete of the Year: Major Eric Travis, 14 Wing Greenwood, Nova Scotia
- Female Athlete of the Year: Captain Sarah Graves, 14 Wing Cold Lake, Alberta
- Coach of the Year: Captain Gérard Caron, 3 Wing Bagotville, Quebec
- Official of the Year: Sergeant Giancarlo Pavone, 4 Wing Cold Lake, Alberta
- Team Sport of the Year: 3 Wing Ball Hockey Team, 3 Wing Bagotville, Quebec
These recipients have been submitted as the RCAF environmental nominations for the Canadian Armed Forces Sports Awards in their respective categories. The Awards will be presented at the 30th Annual Sports Award Ceremony, which will be held on Thursday, October 18, 2018 at the Canada War Museum in Ottawa.
Congratulations to all award recipients on achieving a standard of excellence in their chosen sport.
With files from Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services
- Date modified: