Children of Defence Team members asked to design DM/CDS holiday card
Deputy Minister Jody Thomas and Chief of the Defence Staff General Jonathan Vance are once again calling upon the children of Defence Team members to design their holiday greeting card.
The contest is open to children of our military and civilian Defence Team members aged 4 to 12. The task? Come up with some creative holiday artwork around the chosen theme, and follow the guidelines below to submit to the contest. The contest closes on November 26, and shortly thereafter, Ms. Thomas and Gen Vance will pick and announce a winning design.
- All artwork should be completed on the template found here (PDF file).
- Artwork should be themed around how our Defence Team members make a difference, for example our military performing search and rescue, or our scientists developing new and innovative ways to keep Canada safe.
- Artwork will need to be submitted by the Defence Team member and include a description of the artwork (in the artist’s words), and include name and age of the child.
- Artwork should be scanned at a high resolution and emailed to Internal_Communications_internes@forces.gc.ca.
- By providing a submission, you are allowing for the reproduction and use of the artwork for the holiday greeting card and for use on the Defence Team intranet, The Maple Leaf, and on various social media platforms.
- The deadline for submissions is November 26, 2018.
- Date modified: