60 Seconds with BGen Jennie Carignan, Commander 2nd Canadian Division and Joint Task Force (East)
Is it already finished? Fudge! I’m too slow!
Hello, I’m Brigadier-General Jennie Carignan, Commander of 2nd Canadian Division. Today, I will take the 60-second challenge. So, we’ll start in 3, 2, 1, fire.
- What advice would you give to women considering a career in the Canadian Armed Forces?
Go for it––go ahead, make mistakes and you’ll be surprised at what you’re able to do.
- What are you most proud of, professionally?
Professionally, I’m most proud of the quality of our soldiers.
- What are the biggest challenges you have overcome in your career?
Fighting the perception that women are weak.
- How important is innovation to you?
For me, innovation is essential if an army is to survive on the battlefield and remain relevant at the same time.
- How would you describe your leadership style?
I’m focused on each person’s fantastic human potential.
- What is your priority?
My priority is the people––the civilian, military and Reserve personnel who make up our organizations.
- What motivates you to get up in the morning?
Simply contributing and making a small difference wherever I can.
So, I think it’s over?
- Date modified: